View and analyze Sidescan data in real time
Wide variety of import and export formats
View & Export 2D & 3D PDF, Web, Google Earth
You can introduce yourself to SonarWiz 7 in about 30 minutes by following these brief videos. They cover how to:
1. Download and Install SonarWiz
2. Create a New Project
3. Import Data
4. Bottom Track
5. Apply Colors and Gain Filters
6. Pick Contacts and Make Reports
7. Export & Report in Many Formats
8. Where to Get Help
SonarWiz Feature Details
- Load background maps and charts from a range of formats including DNC, RNC, S57, and GeoTIFF.
- Automatically plan survey lines parallel to a reference line, within a polygon based on either efficiency or conventional patterns.
- Generate planned survey maps as a GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, ECW, JPEG or Google Earth.
- Estimate survey timing.
- Preview files with the SNIFF feature.
- Add and fix navigation data with NavInjectorPro.
- Leverage advanced signal processing and gain control; take advantage of features such as beam angle correction, de-striping, non-linear per channel TVG, AGC, Band Pass Filtering and Stacking, Contact (target) capture, annotation, and summary reporting via 3D Viewer.
- Employ flexible layback configurations.
- Easily printable output.
- Grid/contour isopach-type shapefile / grid generation from selected variables (e.g. altitude + depth).
SonarWiz is compatible with the following Sonar Hardware:
- Atlas NA, C-MAX, EdgeTech, Falmouth Scientific, GeoAcoustics, Imagenex, Innomar, Jetasonic, Klein Marine Systems, Knudsen, Kongsberg Hugin AUV, Kongsberg Mesotech, Marine Sonic, PingDSP, R2Sonic, SyQwest, Teledyne Benthos, Teledyne Gavia, Teledyne Odom, and Tritech.
- Please see our Supported Interfaces and File Formats for a list of the many formats we support. If you don’t see one you need just ask!
Real-Time Data Acquisition
- Leverage the SonarWiz Layout Manager to position windows and menus for maximum efficiency; save frequently used layouts.
- Control viewing of incoming statistics with System Info Display; edit and save display configurations.
- Connect sensors and monitor positioning quality with GPS Quality parameter indicators.
- Use right and left survey line indicators to facilitate helmsman operations.
- Acquire sonar, navigation sensor, depth sensor, payout meter and magnetometer data simultaneously.
- Configure the comprehensive real time signal processing and gain controls including Auto Gain, Auto TVG, Manual Linear Gain and Manual TV. Gains only affect visual information, not raw data.
- Control mosaic creation in real time with Mosaic Mode; feature helps manage large surveys by displaying only data that’s been specifically requested.
- Track towfish height above seafloor automatically with Real Time Bottom Tracker.
- Capture contacts and digitize features in real time or post processing.
- Preserve the full fidelity of sonar data across multiple formats. For example SonarWiz allows for recording in industry standard XTF or vendor-specific formats such as Edgetech JSF or GeoAcoustics GCF.
Download Supported Interfaces and File Formats PDF