Help dive teams and recover personnel locate underwater artifacts, treasures and pipelines you seek to find, map or recover.
SUPPORTED VENDOR MODELS
SonarWiz for Magnetometry supports data logged as raw text and from serial port recording, whereby a channel of magnetometry data feeds into and is recorded as an embedded data channel in the sonar top-side unit in parallel with the sidescan sonar data (such as for EdgeTech and Klein models).
Other models can be supported – just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAGNETOMETRY POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
Import your magnetometry data as a text file or as an embedded channel from a sonar file. As text file magnetometry data is template-based, use any of our existing 20+ templates or ask us to create one. Templates are currently available for the following types of pre-recorded magnetometry data and many more.
- Define boat specs and sensor positions relative to the vessel reference position with the Vessel Editor
- Create a new project & import your bathymetric data files
- Load and merge raw bathymetry data (range/angle) with attitude
data (roll/pitch/heading), sound velocity casts, tide files, and auxiliary navigation data
Magnetometry real-time acquisition is no longer automatically included with SonarWiz sidescan or sub-bottom real-time acquisition license purchases. Magnetometer data collection and/or post-processing can be added to existing licenses or sold in standalone electronic or hard dongle licenses.
Upon data import, see the navigation plot or magnetometer amplitude in the Main Map View, alongside co-located sonar data.
PLAN VIEW DRAWING METHOD
Choose between two rendering options to display your magnetometer data in the Plan View.
- A basic navigation trace of the magnetometry data Color Coded Amplitude Segments
- Color-coded segment lengths represent magnetometer amplitudes
- 12 color palettes are available to display the color-coded data
Ambient Soothing Constant
- Size of Moving Box Car Filter used to smooth the Ambient Magnetometer trace. Higher values correspond to more smoothing with 500 being the default value
Observed Smoothing Constant
- Size of Moving Box Car Filter used to smooth the Observed Magnetometer trace. Higher values correspond to more smoothing with 20 being the default value.
IMPORT DOWN SAMPLING
This option allows the default (1Hz) sampling or removal of down sampling. Removing down sampling provides your data in full resolution.
Magnetometer post-processing supports the full range of navigation, filtering, smoothing, and repair that SonarWiz offers for sidescan and sub-bottom post-processing, using an import time-constant for source smoothing, ZEdit, and NavInjectorPro.
MAGNETOMETER DATA REPAIR
The ZEdit utility presents a graphical representation of magnetometer amplitude presented as a function of position. It allows repair, interpolation, or smoothing to any degree in order to digitally-filter your data.
MAGNETOMETRY EDITING AND REPORTING
Magnetometer data can be presented in an editor with color-coded raw, smoothed, and ambient magnetometer field strength data graphed. Anomalies may be manually or automatically detected and exported in a report. The anomaly report can be edited or sorted within SonarWiz or exported as a CSV text file for further editing.
REAL-TIME DATA ACQUISITION OPTIONS
In real-time, SonarWiz automatically builds a CMF file, loads it into your project, and displays the navigation of the magnetometer in the Map Window behind the vessel.
View your data in full resolution with flexible down sampling settings.
Detect anomalies, take advantage of measuring, editing, and summary reporting.
Slice and dice data with grid and contour export options.