Conduct sophisticated seafloor analysis in real-time with SonarWiz Bathymetry
- Quickly and easily configure sonar, sensors, and other hardware with the 3D Vessel Editor. Users can specify the type and positioning of all sensors in relation to a reference position.
- Automatically calibrate sensor installation with the Patch Test Calibration utility. The utility corrects for roll, pitch, heading, position, and time offsets.
- Create Whole-survey backscatter normalization for better looking mosaics.
- Prepare to accept input from a wide range of sources including magnetometers, interferometers, sidescan sonars, sub-bottom profilers, and multibeam echo sounders.
- Quantify the total vertical uncertainty (TVU) in your bathymetry survey using CUBE modeling and see it graphically presented. Also complies with NOAA requirements for IHO S-44 compliant surveys.
Sophisticated Real-Time Capabilities
- Review and repair bathymetric navigation and attitude data. The Bathy Navigation and Attitude Editor allows users to accept or reject specific data collected in noisy environments.
- Import, view, and edit tide and sound-velocity data. The Tide and Sound Velocity Editors allow for easy integration of complex data sets for Bathy computations.
- Review and process potential anomalies in such categories as lasso/edit spikes and noise data based on visual choices. The 2D/3D Editor allows for recomputation with successive batches of unwanted data removed.
- View, combine, and export co-located, sidescan, and bathy data.
- Leverage modern survey calibration tools.
- Take advantage of full support for wide-swath systems including interferometers and dual-headed multibeams.
- Use whole-survey backscatter normalization for better looking mosaics.
- Export data to more than a dozen GIS, CAD and image formats.
- Integrate bathymetry with sidescan, subbottom and magnetometer data sets for complete geophysical analysis.
Real-time Data Acquisition
Sonar Vendors Supported:
- EdgeTech 2200, 2205, 2400, 4600, 6205
- Klein 5900 SS/Bathy
- Kongsberg GeoSwath 4/Plus
- Kongsberg Mesotech M3
- LiDAR Velodyne VLP-16
- NORBIT iWBMS support
- PingDSP 3DSS-DX/SX-450
- R2Sonic 2020, 2022, 2024
- Teledyne RESON Seabat S7K
Post-Processing File Compatibility
SonarWiz is compatible with the following bathy file formats:
- ALL, FBT, FLS, GSF, HSX, HS2, HS2X, JSF, KMALL, NWSF, R2S, RDF, RFF, S7K, SDF, SL3, SWF8, SXI, SXP, TIL, XTF, 7K, D1P, 83P, WMBF
Extensive Post-Processing Capabilities
- Integrate bathymetry with sidescan, sub-bottom, and magnetometer data sets for complete geophysical analysis.
- Leverage AUV survey data including post-process navigation and attitude injection information.
- Visualize and polish data with semi-automatic and manual tools in the 3D Area Editor.
- Utilize efficient bathymetric editing tools.
- Export data to more than a dozen GIS, CAD, and image formats; for example the CTI 3D Viewer allows for visualization of export results from XYZ (ASCII text), Surfer Grid (.grd), and Contours (.shp, .dxf, .kml).
- Add gridded bathymetry. The new Bathy Gridder leverages a variety of interpolation methods to provide Bathy and sounding density grids. These grids appear in your project as a basemap or view in the CTI 3D viewer.
- CUBE modeling allows you to quantify the total vertical uncertainty (TVU) in your bathymetry survey, and see it graphically presented also complying with NOAA requirements for IHO S-44 compliant surveys.
- SYNC port/stbd settings, or track them independently.
Please see our Supported Interfaces and File Formats for a list of the many formats we support. If you don’t see one you need just ask!